Metal Mercenaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amps techs out there?

4 posters

Go down

Amps techs out there? Empty Amps techs out there?

Post by Ender Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:38 am

So since this is called the "electronic underground" I figured I'd ask a question concerning electronics... I've got a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 and I've been having issues with it and haven't played it for a little over a year-and-a-half (due to this issue as well as school and other such things). What happens is that whenever I have it running through my Marshall 1960A cabinet, whenever playing at a practice/show volume, the amp will tend to cut out - the effect is as if a wire was loose and getting knocked around a bit - but as far as I've looked into it I can't tell, and I've had this taken to a local store to have their tech look at it (who has extensive experience with Marshalls) and he's completely befuddled. I'm going to try to take a better look at it and run some tests (once I get some of the proper tools for the job) and see if I can fix it, but I was just wondering if anyone on here has any advice as for where to start looking or who to send it to to have it looked at.
I should also mention that the first time this happened was when I was playing a show in a bar, though I was plugged into a power strip as opposed to directly in the outlet, and I also came to the unfortunate realisation that for a long period of time I was connecting the head and cabinet by means of an instrument cable which I had mistaken for a speaker cable, so I'm sure this is certainly part of the issue. I've played with my Mesa Boogie through the Marshall cabinet and it sounds fine for the most part, and I've also plugged the Marshall into other cabinets with the same annoying result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I would like to either play out of the Marshall again to get some sweet rock coming out of it or perhaps sell it and invest in a keyboard or school.

Thanks
=Josh
Ender
Ender

Number of posts : 35
Humor : Knock knock. Who's there? Your mother brought you foods because you are a baby and you needs a dia
Registration date : 2008-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/apollosent

Back to top Go down

Amps techs out there? Empty Re: Amps techs out there?

Post by MetalH Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:01 am

I wish I was an amp tech... But alas, I am not.
MetalH
MetalH
Forum Lord
Forum Lord

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-10-03

http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

Back to top Go down

Post by Tall Tyrion Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:37 am

Did you try smacking it hard on one side, then the other?

That's about all I know about it. I'm all acoustic... What a Face
Tall Tyrion
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ender Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:28 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:Did you try smacking it hard on one side, then the other?

That's about all I know about it. I'm all acoustic... What a Face

Haha, why yes, yes I have.
Ender
Ender

Number of posts : 35
Humor : Knock knock. Who's there? Your mother brought you foods because you are a baby and you needs a dia
Registration date : 2008-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/apollosent

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:24 pm

Hey, how is it going with that ampage???????
L8T
L8T

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum