the "killer bands" thread.....

Go down

the "killer bands" thread.....

Post by exo on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:43 pm

Here is the concept folks, the first personposts a metal band that most people aren't familiar with, a brief description, and a myspace......the next person comments, and leaves another band. I'll go first......

Dreaming Dead
www.myspace.com/dreamingdead

Formerly known as Manslaughter, founded by Elizabeth Schall (vocals, guitars, bass on the EP recordings ) after stints in the Iron Maidens and Winterthrall and Mike Caffell (drums, vocals), added a few members, and after a few lineup changes has settled into the lineup of Elizabeth Schall (vocals, guitars) Leslie Medina (guitars), Juan Ramirez (bass), and Mike Caffell (drums, vocals).

Elizabeth ranks right up there in terms of "hot metal chickls", and it will be a crying shame that is the first thing people will notice when they see this outfit live. She's a PHENOMINAL guitarist and writer, and vocally, can give Angela Gossow a runf for her money.

Musically, we are talking a blackened thrash style, perhaps similar to a slowed down Immortal, with a melancholy, moody melodic side. Be sure to check out the tracks "within One", "Manslaughter", and "War Machine"......
exo

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the "killer bands" thread.....

Post by exo on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:02 pm

7 views, and nobody wants to play?
exo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Crystal Ice on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:07 pm

Hmmmmmm... ok so the first band I'll throw out is a really obscure gothic metal band named Dark. They've always had a very true, doomy, goth slant to them, similar to much of the European metal bands that share that trait. They started off sort of like this more progressive Crematory, I guess, then on their second album, which is my favorite and one of my favorite things I own, it reminds a bit of Dark Tranquillity but not utterly bleached and boring. The song structures are creative and exciting, the lyrics are great, every song is moving and amazing..there are 4 different vocal stylings on the album: the death growls, which are even slightly melodic sounding at times (hard to explain), the slightly harsh male cleans, the low male cleans, and a very good, smoky sounding female clean.

I can find only one full song from the album for listening on pretty much the whole interweb..as the band is super obscure at this point..... It isn't the BEST or the BEST EXAMPLE but I can say if you even like it at all then most of the album will enthrall you.

Orion Crystal Ice
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by exo on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:13 pm

That was good stuff...

So long as we are on the "Dark Tranquility" comparisons....allow me to toss out out another Cali band that bears resemblance to the aforementioned band, but with an American flare (no, that doesn't mean metalcore...if I meant a "Metalcore DT influence, I'd simply post up Still Remains.....)

Dark Haven

http://www.myspace.com/darkhaven
exo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Crystal Ice on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:53 am

I'm gonna post more 'Dark' bands while we're on those..haha. Cool

Dark At Dawn...crunchy German heavy/power metal with an almost gothic tinge at times and gruff, majestic vocals.

Orion Crystal Ice
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Crystal Ice on Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:41 am

Another one... Darkseed...German band blending heavy gothic metal (no Within Temptation junk) with classic metal and electronic influences....harsh and clean vocals sometimes used evenly.... one of my very favorite bands.

Orion Crystal Ice
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BackFromTheDawn on Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:07 pm

Well since teh OCI is posting bands from Deutschland....

Rage: They've got a number of very different sounding albums, but the one that many tout as the best is a very excellent mix of thrashy sound, traditional power metal, symphonic bits, dense and pummeling sound.

This is "The Crawling Chaos" from the album "Black In Mind." Sound's a little funky in the vid, though.

Admin

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile http://skyliner-band.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down