Metal Mercenaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fave style of metal?

+5
L8T
DoomRyder of Cheesy Songs
Tall Tyrion
BackFromTheDawn
MetalH
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fave Metal Style?

Fave style of metal? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%Fave style of metal? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]
Fave style of metal? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%Fave style of metal? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]
Fave style of metal? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Fave style of metal? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
Fave style of metal? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%Fave style of metal? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
Fave style of metal? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Fave style of metal? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
Fave style of metal? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%Fave style of metal? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
Fave style of metal? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Fave style of metal? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Fave style of metal? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Fave style of metal? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 6 ]
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 28

Fave style of metal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fave style of metal?

Post by exo Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:28 pm

Actually, he was one 2 maiden albums, The X Factor, and Virtual XI. He also had the misfortune to be fronting Maiden when Steve Harris had no strong personalities to keep him in check, which also coincided with the rise of the nu-metal movement......Blaze's performance on the 2 albums is quite strong, it's a shame the rest of the material was......not.
exo
exo

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalH Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm

Yeah, I don't remember hating the vocals that much.... It was just that the thing as a whole sounded like crap.
MetalH
MetalH
Forum Lord
Forum Lord

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-10-03

http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:49 pm

I also feel, however, that this thrashier heaviness on The Man Who Would Not Die suits him much better than the maiden style ever did as well.
exo
exo

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by BackFromTheDawn Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:24 pm

There was potential on the Maiden stuff. I think his voice fits it to a degree...just not the degree they were looking for.
BackFromTheDawn
BackFromTheDawn
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-10-05

http://skyliner-band.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Crystal Ice Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:28 am

It may be just me but I always liked his..sense of drama I guess better than Dickinson's. For the band I prefer Dickinson overall, but if they had just taken more time and used Blaze better......... annnnnnnnnd if all the fans weren't all OH NOS NO BR00CE then I think a good chunk of that era would also be considered definitive. Who knows though..
Orion Crystal Ice
Orion Crystal Ice
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2